Wednesday, October 9, 2019

There may not be daily posts anymore as we are in the just hanging out phase of recovery/recuperation. But, it will at least be updated weekly as usual and if something else happens, good or bad, it will of course be posted.

PT and OT came by yesterday to evaluate Bill and were both surprised at how strong he actually is, and how steady on his feet. They moved him to his chair just in time for lunch and he was just getting ready to go back to bed when I left at 5:30.

I didn't see any doctors yesterday, just the nurse practitioners. Pulmonary says that he can be moved back to step-down as far as they are concerned. He is still getting short of breath on just about any exertion, but he's not dropping as low as he was and he's recovering faster. But they are leaving it up to cardiology and you know Dr. Edwards. I haven't see him at all since the week-end other than to see him on the floor. I know they've done 2 transplants in the last 3 days so he's checking on them more. And he usually doesn't round until late in the evening anyway. But Kristy, when Bill asked about going home, just said not yet. They want to make sure the bug is completely gone so that he doesn't come back. That's what happened last year. They would keep him until he was somewhat better, discharge, and then he would be back in 10 days. And we all remember what happened with the last time. I definitely don't want to do that again! I told Bill yesterday I did not want to spend Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years in the hospital this year. He just said I could just come and visit.

He did tell me that a dr, came in after I left and looked in his mouth, which leads me to think that it was Dr. Threlkeld. And he gave him something so I think he's probably developed some thrush from the antibiotics. And Caleb noticed during his bath yesterday that his scrotum was red so it's not surprising if the antibiotics have not caused a yeast infection. He's down to two now, with his normal Bactrim thrown in so whatever was growing to warrant the 3rd one has resolved.

So that's it, it's time for me to get dressed and hit the road for any fun day. If there is no post tomorrow, then just remember "no news is good news".

No comments:

Post a Comment