Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Bill finally had some therapy! PT came in shortly after I got there yesterday and he got Bill in the chair. He also showed him some positions he can use to recover when his oxygen drops. He didn't walk far, only bed to chair, but he did a few leg lifts and twists. OT came in the afternoon and she was surprised, as they all are, at his strength. His arms and legs are so thin, but he still has good grip and can push and pull like they want. Lifting his left arm is tough, but that was the side affected by the stroke.

He felt better yesterday and Cindy said he sounds better than she's heard him. Some are already talking discharge, and I've already voiced, and will keep voicing my concerns and, I guess they are demands, that if he can't walk more than 10 feet, he doesn't leave. We talked some about skilled nursing and Bill doesn't want that again, so I hope we can compromise with keeping him in hospital until we know that the pneumonia is gone (or as gone is it can get) and then go with home health. But I told them if he can't walk from the car to the house, which is only about 3 feet from door to 1st step, he's not coming home because I can't take care of him.

Of course, Bill is also one that needs to understand this, I can't keep doing everything for him, which is what he's really liking. He has mentioned a couple of times that I'm wasting my time sitting at the hospital with him. I told him if he could remember what the drs. say I would be able to stay home a little, but since he can't and someone needs to know what's going on, I have to be there.

I've been leaving earlier in the day and I've been really tired. Last night I went to bed at 6:45. The phone rang a couple times after that and, since it wasn't Bill or the hospital I let it go to voicemail. I got up about 4:45 and I'm still somewhat tired. But I have a dry cough this morning so I hope I'm not coming down with something.

That's about it for this update. Hopefully he'll get more therapy today. They've put him down for 5-7 times a week so we will see.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment