Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Just a short post this morning. I came home early yesterday as I didn't feel well all day. I think it was just exhaustion setting in. The only chair for me to sit in is a chair from the conference room table...no arms, low back. So, my legs dangle which makes my feet swell and my neck and back hurt from looking up at the near ceiling mounted TV, while having everything on my lap (food, book, tablet). Plus, the 1 1/2 drive each way with the last 2 in the rain, the wonderful, refreshing, gullywashing rain.

Bill was very chatty yesterday, even calling me at 6:20 in the morning to see where I was! But, it was a day when nothing happened. Dr. Threlkeld is not concerned with the staph infection. He said it looked to him like it came from skin contaminating the blood culture. And every other test has come back negative.

They were supposed to get Bill back up with physical therapy but apparently did not. He called me right before they brought his dinner at 4:30 and they had not been in, so he had not been out of bed all day. His nurse didn't want to get him up without PT being there to see how his oxygen sats dropped.

I went to bed a little after 7:30, after dozing off and on and slept most of the night. I woke a couple of times and looked at the time and went right back to sleep. The cats woke me at 4:30 and here we are. I'm ready to get dressed and hit the road again. But, don't have to get gas this morning and I have something here to take with me to eat on the way. I think my stomach can handle food this early...we shall see.

So, not much of an update. Tonight's/tomorrow mornings should be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment