Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bill has been discharged and we finally got to leave the hospital about 5:45. Got the car unloaded (I don't know where everything is going to go when we head home!)and the equipment set up and connected. I connected Bill to the power module and got a read-out so I did it right. We also checked the length of the cables and he can make it to the commode while tethered to the power module.

Home Health is coming tomorrow to make sure we got everything set up right and to watch me do the dressing change. They also have to "look" at the house and the outlets to make sure everything is safe.

He doesn't have any appointments until next Wednesday so we'll both get to rest some and get used to living together again, along with all of the new things we will have to do every day. I feel confident that we will do fine with our new lifestyle, it will just take some adjustments, and maybe some sleepless nights!

He did come home with a walker just to give him a little security and it's a good thing. He was pretty weak by the time we got home and he was having a hard time walking. If I could just get him to slow down he would do better! But we shall see as the days go by.

The posts may not come daily now but keep checking in. I don't know how often I'll be posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment