Saturday, October 1, 2011

We both have had a pretty good day today. Shirley and I went to the hospital early so that I could meet the day nurse and be there when Dr. Yip came in. We got his breakfast ordered and eaten and to the bathroom. After a walk I left when it was time for his nap.

I am please to say that the laundry is done, the floors and bathroom cleaned, all of the dishes put away, and Cousin It will not be making an appearance in the near future!

Bill and Shirley had a good visit. Took a couple of walks and she got him to eat all of his lunch! We changed his dressing and took another walk and then while everyone was napping I decided to come back to the condo. I finished folding the clothes and cooked dinner. All in all, a good day.

We're getting concerned about his right leg. He has complained since he could talk again that his right thigh was numb. All of the doctors and therapists have said that it will go away so he shouldn't worry about it. But Shirley and I both noticed today that while he is walking, the leg wants to go to the left and he seems to have trouble lifting it some. He has also noticed this. So, again, we're going to talk to the dr. and I will probably talk to the therapist Monday. This is probably why they want to have him come home with a walker.

We're still looking at getting home, maybe, this week. He was down to 1 liter of O2 this afternoon, but bumping up to 2 while walking. His tech watched him while he was off the O2 and sitting in his chair and his sat was 93 which is pretty good. So maybe tomorrow they will try to get him totally off it! If that happens they will start planning our outings.

All for tonight. I'm physically tired tonight but in a good way. I feel like I've really accomplished some things today that I think were starting to bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment