Sunday, October 16, 2011

Seemed to have a good night after we finally got settled in. We were finally up and out of the bedroom by 8. Both of us have been medicated and all vital signs and pump readings recorded. We haven't had breakfast yet but the coffee has been poured.

Bill said his stomach is still cramping some but he feels better than he did yesterday. We're going to take the splint and sock off of his foot today to see how swollen it still is. With those socks the hospital give you I can't tell with it on.

I had my hand on his chest this morning and could actually feel the pump whirring. That was a weird feeling. I could also his heart beat from the other side of his heart and it was a good strong beat. I don't know what his current ejection fraction is but I do know it had gone from 15 to 19 while he was still early in the hospital stay. So even though he feels lousy with all the healing process going on and the other complications, the pump is doing its job.

I forgot to put that yesterday was the first unsupervised dressing change. Didn't feel any different than when someone was watching over my shoulder so I guess training process is a good one.

All for now. Today is going to be laundry day and trash day. Will find a service to watch on TV for church and then wait for the baseball game to come on. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment