Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We were able to have our outing today! We had 2 nurses with us, Amanda and Kari, and went to a seafood restaurant in Jacksonville Beach. Now, for those of you who know I don't do fish, we checked out the menu first and they had some fantastic ribs! I brought half of them home and will probably eat them tomorrow night.

After lunch we came to the condo for awhile and just talked. The girls are both really nice. They are both working on new certifications and are great nurses.

Bill was really tired out and by the time we got back to the hospital he said that his right leg felt like rubber. This is the one that is numb in his thigh. He told the dr. that this evening and he said it will take time for the nerve to come back. He recommends that we have a walker when we come home for a little extra confidence and Bill agrees that he would feel more secure with one, so he was going to take care of talking to physical therapy and our case manager.

Tomorrow we go out by ourselves. We can go anywhere and do anything we want as long as we are back before 5 when the drs. leave. I think right now we are just going to come home and get used to being here together again. Amanda asked me today if I was scared to come home or if I thought we were ready. I told her that I think we're ready. I'm confident with doing the dressing changes and we both know how to switch from batteries to AC power and back. Bill's getting used to wearing the gear, all 13 pounds of it! So, we are as ready as we can be.

If everything goes well tomorrow, he will be discharged on Thursday. All we know is that it will be in the late afternoon, early evening.

All in all it's been a good day. We are both tired and I'm going to bed before long. I think Bill was ready when I left the hospital. We're not even watching the ballgame tonight and for us not to watch a baseball game is unusual.

More tomorrow after the 2nd outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment