Sunday, October 9, 2011

Had a pretty good day today! I made it back to the hospital, but was totally worn out by the time I walked from the parking lot! I also cooked breakfast for him and took it in.

He walked 3 times but was pretty shaky on the first one. Jill and I thought it might be the pain med. He was hurting all over today. Said he slept all scrunched up.

Dr. Yamani said he can eat whatever he wants, but eat. So, he had shrimp from Denny's for lunch and I came home and fixed a tuna casserole. Fish seems to go down easier for him, and pasta is easy. BUT, when I came home I thought there was a cat laying in front of my door, until I realized that there was no body and what I thought was the tail was really a SNAKE! It was about 2 1/2 ft long and bigger than a quarter in diameter. Lucky for me the young man across the hall was nice enough to chase it away.

He finally got through to Dr. Yamani about his numb leg and neurology finally came in this evening. She did a really thorough exam and thinks that it is a nerve that gets damaged a lot during surgeries. She said that medication can help with the pain, but the nerve doesn't have any direct impact on the muscle control. That made him feel a whole lot better about it.

Our outing is scheduled for tomorrow, weather permitting. We are supposed to get flooding rains overnight and into the morning. We still don't know where we are going. I'm going to look at some menus online tonight for a couple of suggestions we've had. So we shall see. Bill is really wanting to get out of the hospital and I can't blame him. It will be 4 weeks Thursday.

All for tonight. I'll let you know how the lunch goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment