Friday, October 14, 2011

Had a good day today! It felt great not having to get up before dawn. Bill slept until about 8:30. The home health nurse was supposed to come between 11 and 12 but didn't get here until almost 1. But, she was please with the layout of the house and where we had placed the equipment. She also watched me do the dressing change and said that I was doing them correctly. She's only going to come 2 more times next week and then only if we need her.

I left Bill alone for about an hour and bought some groceries. While I was gone he went through all of his old medicines and took them out of the weekly dispensers and put them back in the bottles. We then put his new meds in the dispensers! Ah, the illness way of life!

Bill ate well tonight and after I got the kitchen cleaned up and dinner settled we went for a little walk. We live in the middle stairwell of a 3 stairwell building. We walked down to the end of the building and crossed the parking area and walked back down to our stairwell. He was winded some when we got back but he managed to walk it all and he picked the route. Of course the more he walks the faster he will recover his strength. His leg behaved most of the walk and he only stumbled once. Since the sidewalk was a little rough I kept a hold on the back of his vest and he seemed to do better after that. We're going to try at least 2 walks tomorrow and we have a couple of errands to run.

All for tonight. I'm getting sleepy and I think Bill is too. Have a good week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment