Friday, September 30, 2011

Bill had a pretty good day today. His "Field Marshall" Karie, the Patient Care Tech, had him up and moving early this morning! She had him in the bathroom bathing himself and shaving this morning. He took a couple of walks, one with the support of only the nurses and one with Physical Therapy with a walker. He's down to 2 liters of O2 while stationery but bumps up to 4 when he's walking.

He also did some work with Occupational Therapy and she thinks he may need a walker for a short time, just until he's a little steadier on his feet. He did just about fall in the bathroom trying to stand so it's probably a good idea. She doesn't think that it will be needed for long.

When he walked this afternoon, I could tell that he was tired and having a hard time, and he didn't make the circuit on the 4th one. We also practiced changing out the system controller today. That was a little scary, but not hard to do. Just have to remember to have power on both controllers before removing the drive line.

Don and Shirley got here this afternoon. They are going to give me a break tomorrow at the hospital. I'm going to try to get some laundry done and get a haircut if I can find a place. I'm going to look like Cousin It before long if I don't get a cut.

We're hearing that he may get to come home next week. It really all depends on how steady he is on his feet and the oxygen situation. We shall see. The way it works is that we will go out for lunch with a nurse, car service provided, and if that goes ok then the 2 of us go out together the next day wherever we want to go, and then discharged the next day if that also goes well.

So, things are moving along. Bill doesn't think it's moving fast enough but he's not as down as he had been. I think he's waiting to get some food that tastes good...even my cooking! And for those of you who know me, I don't like to cook, so if he wants my cooking, he's desperate!

All for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment