Thursday, September 22, 2011

Not as good a day today as yesterday. Bill had a bad night and the catheter had to be re-inserted. He also had a lot of pain during the night and his oxygen level dropped so is O2 was increased. He did get his central line removed from his neck. He was very tired and weak all morning but seemed better this afternoon.

I did manage to cajole him into putting his teeth in and he was able to eat a little better. He also took a walk this afternoon and once around the floor is about 250 feet. I think physical therapy has figured that 12 times around the ward is 1 mile.

I did his wound care again today and only contaminated 1 finger, at the end! The nurse told me that I did a super job and she didn't have to do any of it.

I've been productive this evening even though I'm really tired again. I cooked some dinner and cleaned up the kitchen, showered, and thrown a load of laundry in the washer and am just waiting for it to stop so I can throw it in the dryer. It's just jeans so they can dry during the night and not get too wrinkled.

So, all for tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

No comments:

Post a Comment