Tuesday, September 20, 2011

This post tonight will probably be rather short. We're starting to get into the days of not much really new happening. I know that's easy for me to say since I'm with Bill every day.

For some unknown reason his hemoglobin dropped about 6 this morning so he was given another unit of blood. That did the trick and his numbers came back up. He seemed to feel better today, although he was coughing a lot which is painful for him. But the dr. detected some fluid building in his lungs so the coughing was good.

The blood clot in his arm is very small and is not blocking the vein. It will go away with the coumadin and aspirin treatment. It is just painful for him right now. His left hand is still swollen but heat and elevation are helping. He also still has his chest tubes in, but they are still draining quite a bit of fluid. The amount of oxygen he's receiving was backed down again and did not have to be raised any today.

He did well with physical therapy this morning which was very tiring for him. But he sat in this chair all morning, from breakfast until after lunch which was about 5 hours. He was also on battery pack the entire morning. I transferred him from the main power unit to battery with no problem, and we both checked the batteries periodically through the morning.

He's eating better and was having baked fish and mashed potatoes when I left tonight.

I'm totally exhausted tonight. I woke up about 4:45 this morning and have worn out early tonight. It's just now dark but I'm ready to pack it in. I know the phone is going to ring in a little while, but I've got to go to bed. I think I've hit most of the highlights for you.

Goodnight everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment