Friday, September 16, 2011

This will be the last post of the night. I'm about to go to sleep sitting here. The decision was made to leave the vent in place and sedate him through the night. His numbers are better but not quite where the docs want them to be. He wasn't happy with the decision but he understands why it was made. This decision made the decision for me to come home for the night. With him sedated there is no reason for me to stay. If they had extubated him and he wanted me there I would have stayed.

He's trying sooo hard to communicate with us. Mary Rose does the best in figuring out what he's trying to say, but she knows how to ask the questions to get a yes/no answer. He does look very forlorn when we can't understand what he wants. He also seems to want to be held and touching one of us, even while he's sleeping. I may spend more time just sitting in the room with him tomorrow if he's going to be awake more.

He's also still running a low-grade fever and they still aren't sure why. Most of his meds have been stopped, although the lines are still there and available.

I don't think we are going in early tomorrow, unless I happen to wake up early. Being so tired now makes sleeping in sound like a wonderful idea. But who knows, my eyes may pop open at 6 and we'll get up and go.

So that's it for tonight. We'll see how things are in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. Good morning. Just read Fridays update. I was having a hard time understanding moms gestures also, so I told them to give her something to write it down. That worked for us...she scribbled but I figured it out eventually. Today hopefully we will be free of the vent. Get plenty of rest. We can't have you collasping. Talk to you later Luv you Phillis

    ReplyDelete