Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Tomorrow is the big day! The only thing that would stop it now is if a transplant happens and our surgeon is the one to catch it. Then we could be delayed or postponed. He told Bill today that he is in "optimum shape" to have this done since most of the patients who get the LVAD are near death and it is a last resort. Of course things could still go wrong as with any surgery, but we are as ready as we can be.

We don't h ave to be at the hospital until 5:45 tomorrow morning. We get to sleep in another 15 minutes. The surgery will take 6-7 hours and as soon as the pump is in place and working properly Dr. Landolfo will be out to talk to us. He did say we would get updates periodically from the nurses, but he didn't know how often. He did say it would be when the surgery begins, when he goes on and off the bypass machine and when the pump is in place. But he didn't know how many other times we would hear.

Bill is very calm about this and says he is not nervous at all. Me, I'm not so calm. But my job is to worry so I guess I'm doing what I'm supposed to do. I'm taking an very mild anti-anxiety pill which is helping some, at least today.

I will have my laptop with me at the hospital and can update this as soon as I have some info throughout the day. I will probably also be texting a lot. I have to remember to take my phone charger with me!

Anyway, Bill can eat whatever he wants to eat tonight as long as he cuts it off by midnight and he can take some of his meds in the morning with a little water. We're going to meet up with the kids who have spent the day at the beach to see what to do for dinner tonight.

Until tomorrow, keep the prayers coming!

2 comments:

  1. Go out and have a good dinner this evening. Oklahoma is on board with the request...I will have my phone with me and the volume will be turned up...I will be at the office along with Gina and Jalena. Sounds as though everything is a go. Try and get a good nights rest with the help of your little friends, tomorrow will be a very long day...and the days to follow will be long, but it will all be better. Until then, give Bill our love and tell him I said to behave and do what you and the DR. says. Keep us updated please. Luv ya Phillis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm thinking that after tomorrow Bill will have another praise to add to his testimony! Praying that the power of the Lord will rest upon both of you tomorrow. Had special prayer at church tonight in both adult and youth services. May the Lord bless you and keep you, may He make His face to shine upon you, may He lift up His countenance upon you, and give you peace! Love in Christ, Bro. Charlie

    ReplyDelete