Friday, November 2, 2018

Another so-so day yesterday. Bill was still hurting when I got there yesterday, but his tremors were better, so running the Merrem over a longer period is helping. He didn't want to get out of bed at all yesterday and cat-napped periodically. He also made a comment of his brain not working right and then started to cry. I told him he's entitled to cry, he's been through a lot. He said it just doesn't seem like he's getting any better, that he's actually getting worse as far as general health goes. 

Horace, his PCA for the day, came in and asked about a bath (first one in the 8 days he's been there) and although Bill didn't want it, I insisted he get it. First he got a nice shave and then the most thorough bed bath I have ever seen given. Every inch of his body got washed, dried and lotioned. I could tell by looking at him that he felt better after.

I know he's getting discouraged, as am I. We are getting no answers, and yesterday was day 2 of no doctors, not even nurse practitioners except for the transplant practitioner who works strictly in the hospital. His nurse for the day said that his lungs sounded good, so maybe the pneumonia has cleared. But, he is so weak, he can't stand without help. He saw no therapists yesterday, either. I have a feeling they are going to come in today or tomorrow and say we're discharging you, and I'm going to throw a fit. Those of you who know me, know that I probably won't actually do that, but I will fight a discharge at this time. As weak as he is, I can't care for him and he can't take care of himself. 

Nothing has been addressed about his oxygen sats dropping when he moves and needing help to even walk 10 shuffling steps to a bedside commode. Turning him into a complete invalid is not what he would want, and I have a feeling if that happened, he would just give up. So, some things need to be addressed. 

I got all of the Mayo appointments cancelled yesterday and all of the hotel reservations. There's no way he could make the drive, and I don't think they would fly him down as he's not really critical. So, still at an impasse. Today will be another call to Stephanie to see what she suggests and to check and see if she connected to Chandra, who I haven't seen since she gave me her card last week-end.

So, there you go.  Sorry this seems like a downer post, but just stating the facts. I'm going to get myself dressed and head out early again today. Maybe, just maybe, we'll get some answers today. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment