Saturday, November 24, 2018

We've reached the stage of the game where it's just sit around and wait. Bill is getting bored with being in that room, with his puzzle book and the TV his only distractions. But, if he was at home, where would he be? In his chair, with his puzzle books and TV on! The main differences would be the cats and he would be free to walk to the bathroom or kitchen.

The drs. all seem pleased with his progress. He has been taken off the IV Lasix and put on pill forms that he was on after the last hospitalization. He is being weaned from the higher flow oxygen. He is not set on 6 liters, which is still higher than our concentrator at home will handle, but he's coming down. He's back on a sliding scale of insulin instead of the automatic higher doses. I think he's still getting 5 units automatically and extra if he's over a certain number which is usually 150. I'm not sure how much of the long lasting lantus he's getting. Dr. Williams said he sounded crackly yesterday, but not junky. So, we continue to hang out. They still haven't addressed the blood issue, but that may have resolved or may just be what Dr. Williams said, age and immune compromised means less production. 

He's still pretty weak and his oxygen level drops when he moves around and that is still an issue for coming home, or even going to rehab I would think. I took the cool little exerciser home health gave him that works easier than the spirometers they give in the hospital to exercise the lungs and now we can't find it. He said he thought it had fallen on the floor, but I didn't see it. I'm afraid it got put on a meal tray and taken away, or thrown in the trash by mistake. I need to look more at his bath kit in the bathroom. I did look in his shaving kit and it wasn't there, but that was it. If I can't find it, I have the paperwork and I"ll see if I can order one, or if the lung drs. will order one for him. It really is much easier to use.

I'm going earlier today since I had to wait until I could pick up my medicine yesterday, and then I came home early hoping to beat the rain. But, it started raining as soon as I closed the car door and there was heavy, steady rain the entire drive home. It stopped not long after I got home and I was able to feed the outside animals. They were all waiting at the opeing under the house for me to come out! Who said you can't tame feral cats!

So, that's it. We're to the point that nothing is really happening. Maybe once the holiday week-end is over and things get back to normal. So, until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment