Sunday, November 25, 2018

Decided to write this tonight instead of in the morning. I want to go earlier to the hospital and this will save time in the morning.

Bill had a much better day today. He was still coughing a lot, but was breathing much better and his oxygen was staying higher, even though he was resting. He was already in the chair when I got there, so I don't know if it dropped when he was moved or not. But, he did not want to get into bed today like he did yesterday.

He's at the stage now that he wants to come home. But, the level of oxygen he's on is still too high to be at home. Our concentrator only goes to 5 liters and he's on 6 liters. So, they are still trying to wean him. Dr. Threlkeld said that he's almost to the acceptable level of being able to leave but he's not quite there yet. He was going to consult with the lung guys to see what they thought.

They've had to give him some extra Prograf, which is one of his anti-rejection meds. They measure the level in his blood every morning and he hasn't been on this high a level since right after transplant. I keep forgetting to ask Dr. Shirwanny about it. So, note to Beth, ask about Prograf!

His kidney function is still acceptable for him, and Dr. Morris is happy with it. As far as I know, he did not need to get any extra iron today. I say as far as I know because he told me to come home early today. It was warm and rain was coming in, with wind, and he said he wanted me home safe and not driving in the dark in the rain and wind. 

I didn't have any rain, but I did have some wind and on bridges and overpasses, I could really feel it. But it was nice to be home before dark and I got a few things done, and it was very few. Fed the cats and took out the trash and threw in some laundry. I'm still waiting for it to finish drying and there is a program I want to watch tonight. It usually comes on at 9, but because of football, it isn't coming on until about 9:30. Hopefully I can stay awake that long!

So, there you have it. Mouse is on my lap wanting to help type, but all he really wants to do is bite my fingers. Cat is already in her bed asleep and hopefully he will leave her alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment