Thursday, December 19, 2019

Maybe, just maybe, things have turned a corner! Bill had another great day yesterday and worked really hard in therapy, even though he didn't want to. But, I had told him, if he was good and worked hard he MIGHT have a nice visitor today and if he didn't he MIGHT have a mean visitor today! McKenna is going with me today and being Kenna, or being Nurse Ratchet, were the nice and mean choices. I told her it would be boring but she loves doing things for and with Pa. I told her I leave really early in the morning and she said OK and opted to stay home instead of spending the night here. We'll see if she responds to my text in a few minutes.

Bill was on 8 liters of oxygen when I got there yesterday and fluctuated between 8 and 10 most of the day. The only time his sats really dropped were in therapy and everyone's drop on exertion. It just took him a bit to recover. But, he did all of his exercises and then stood twice. I think the next time Travis is going to make sure he has a tank with him so that he can walk around the room a little. He can't walk into the hall because of the isolation protocol, but he can in the room. At least that's better than nothing!

He got into his chair about 9:30 after breakfast and his bath, and he was still in it when he called me at 6! That's a really long time! He was going to have them help him back to bed when we got off the phone.

The drive down yesterday was good until West Memphis. We had a very heavy frost and I think it caught all of the city officials in West Memphis and Memphis off guard. Before even making it to the river there was an accident on the Arkansas side and then there was an accident on the westbound lanes on the bridge on the Tennessee side. Several roads were closed and lanes were closed, but Memphis police did a good job of routing traffic and herding us into other lanes. And those signs that say that bridges and overpasses freeze first, they ain't lying! I only tried to slide once and that was the last bridge right before the hospital and it was a solid sheet of ice. But, I made it and all was well.

I had to come home early yesterday. Emily called and said the break-ins were starting again and I knew I had 3 packages coming yesterday, including a cooler of insulin. I wasn't really concerned about them breaking in, I had the alarm set, but I didn't want the porch pirates coming by. Two of the packages had arrived just before I got home at 4 and the insulin arrived shortly after that. I know there is still 1 more package to come for sure, but so far don't have a delivery date for it. But, I got some stuff done here. It was clean litter box day and get the trash to the curb and little things like that.

I'd better get a move on. At least I don't have to stop for gas this morning since I stopped last night. But, there's another good frost on so I'll need to start the car earlier. Hopefully today will also be a good day, it will at least be interesting with Kenna there!


No comments:

Post a Comment