Thursday, April 23, 2020

There's not much to say about yesterday. He was not as awake and aware as the day before, but he was more awake and aware than other days. So it doesn't seem like the transfusion did its magic this time.

He was awake when I got there and said he felt a little better. But, then he went back to sleep for most of the morning. When he was awake, he was engaged, but by mid afternoon, even Mikala noticed that he was awake but didn't seem to be processing questions.

The results of the culture of the leakage showed yeast, a fungus, and some white cells. So, the doctor ordered some more Nystatin cream to put around the site and then an oral antibiotic. Hopefully those will help some. His poor skin is still bleeding from where the moisture lays if the nurses on vigilant enough to keep check on it. I asked about an abdominal binding and was told they would only use that if he started pulling on it. When Mikala changed the dressing before I left yesterday she only used 1 small piece of tape and did not have the tube laying flat against the dressing. So, we shall see what happens.

All of his numbers were good and since his blood pressure was holding steady she started reducing his Levofed again. That's the IV blood pressure medicine. Hopefully they are able to get that stopped.

Nothing was changed as far as the vent went. Dr Okpor just looked at the numbers and asked if I had any questions, but when he doesn't give any hint of treatment or his thoughts on things, what is there to ask? I know a lot of things now about how these things work, but I'm still not a mind reader. All I can say is there should be a new pulmonologist on today so maybe I'll get some information.

He did sit in chair mode in the bed for about 4 hours and Dr. Okpor does want therapy started again. He apparently didn't read in his chart where OT signed off on him untill and unless he showed some kind of major improvement in even range of motion. He has been moving his arms more and is finally back to reaching his nose to push his glasses up, but he doesn't move his legs much. Of course not only does he have the vibrating things on, he also has on those heavy boots to keep his heels off the bed.

When I got ready to leave he was very awake and aware again. He had been watching everyone out in the hall. There was a lot of activitiy going on in the room next to his, and these to rooms are in the corner and are angled so you never know which room someone is going into until they head for the door. He was probably wondering what they were going to do to him next. He told me he loved me after I told him I loved him and he got a screwed up look on his face when I told him to behave. He wanted to know when I was coming back and I told him today.

I'm taking Emily's car today. Bryan is taking my to the shop for the 100,000 maintenance and an oil change and all that good stuff. It's really windy today so I don't know how her Charger will handle and since her car sits lower than my SUV it should be fun.

That's it for this time. Seems like I said a whole lot of nothing in a lot of words. I'll let you know what today brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment