Monday, April 13, 2020

What a wild day yesterday, as far as travel went! Torrential rain both directions, but the lightning in the morning more than made up for it! The entire sky would turn light purple with "fingers of lightning" dancing all around. It was quite a sight!

Bill was awake and watching TV when I got there. He hadn't been switched over to trach collar yet, but it wasn't long before it was. He said he slept OK, but who knows. They didn't report any problems. I asked Andrea from respiratory if he made it the 12 hours and she said that he did.

Since it was a holiday, and a Sunday, the drs. come in at different times than they usually do. 

Janet was in first and she didn't like the way his belly looked. It's not draining as much but the skin is looking angry so she said to mix nystatin with bacitracin cream to put around it.

Dr. Morris said that his kidneys are doing good and his urine was clear He ordered some potassium (Lasix pulls potassium) and was increasing the flush he gets with his food because his sodium was high. The swelling continues to go down in his feet, but comes and goes in his hands.

Dr. Yaranov said he sounded pretty good, that most of the junkiness we could hear was on the right side. He said we just continue to monitor, especially his blood pressure. He's still ,on the Levofed, although it was in standby mode yesterday. Until he can come completely off of it, he won't go anywhere, I'm sure.

Dr. Sheikh was please that he had made it all day Saturday. He said the junkiness is good, even though it sounds bad, because that means he is moving the stuff around and exercising his lungs. He is able to get it out sometimes himself, and he did ask to be suctioned a few times, but they aren't going down as far as they used to. So, that's an improvement. He said we'll just stay the course for now.

I left shortly after lunch, and they did not have a holiday dinner for Easter which answered my question. I had a burger since the hot choices were baked chicken and spaghetti, and I'm tired of both of those. But, looking at the radar, the rain was only going to get worse, and Bill said it was OK for me to leave. He had been napping off and on and was watching a program on the history channel about searching for the Ark of the Covenant. It was pretty interesting.

It took me the full 1 1/2 hours to get home, most of it driving under the speed limit. And, as I said in a Facebook post, I'm glad my dad taught me what to do for hydroplaning. There was water everywhere and there was one time I did think I was going to lose control, but managed to hold on to it.

It's really windy this morning and cold again. I'm also having an IBS flare for the first time in about a month now. Hopefully the Imodium will kick in soon. It's a long walk to the shared bathroom in the unit when you really have to go, and a long drive through the country with few places to stop if necessary. I'm still going to wait a bit and see if the meds kick in. I still don't think I'll have any trouble finding a place to park

That's it for this morning. I'm going to sit quietly now for a few minutes to see if it will be safe to go get dressed. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment