Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Today was a repeat of yesterday. Bill refused this morning to respond to people. I could tell that it was deliberate because he would look at them as soon as they gave up trying to get him to respond.

His numbers were all good, except his blood pressure. It stayed low, at one time it was 75/44! The Levo was on standby and I thought because it was staying under 100 that it would be re-started. But, it still wasn't when I left. He was on trach collar and was doing great with it.

He did sleep most of the day again, which leads me to think that he is staying up all night. And because there are no issues, the report the night nurse gives is that he had a good night.

His urine was finally clearing again and the flush is running at a good rate. Dr. Morris was pleased that it had cleared.

Dr. Threlkeld wanted to know the color of what he was coughing up, expecting it to be yellow or green, but it is white. He said that white is good, but I already knew that!

Those were the only 2 doctors I saw today.

There is still a problem with his private area. It is very irritated now. They have been trying a mixture and combination of several creams and ointments. They got him turned completely on his side today to get him off his rear. I didn't look, but Caleb and Toya were pretty concerned with what it looked like during his bath.

And, that's pretty much it. Bill would respond when he wanted to and ignore people when he didn't want to. I'm hoping that he will sleep tonight and will be awake tomorrow. We haven't seen therapy this week, I haven't even seen any therapists in the unit, so maybe he'll get some tomorrow and he needs to be awake for that.

Tomorrow will be a hard day for me. It's Caleb's last day before his deployment training starts. He's been so good to both of us, but especially Bill. I imagine he'll give him a good shave tomorrow. I tear up every time I think of him leaving, so I'm hoping that when tomorrow comes, I'll have gotten used to the idea. I'll just blame any tears on allergies! My eyes itched and burned all day today anyway.

I'll let you know if tomorrow is any better.


No comments:

Post a Comment