Wednesday, August 8, 2012

And in the blue corner, weighing in at 146.8 pounds...he made his goal weight and the paperwork has been started to have the feeding tube removed! It has to be done at Mayo so as soon as the nursing home dr. gets the order written and faxed to Stephanie she can get it scheduled. It will only take about 10 minutes but Bill has gotten it in his mind that they will be removing scar tissue in his chest and have to spend several days in the hospital. Where he got that idea is anyone's guess!

We also talked to Maggie, one of the social workers today and told her the news and Bill said that we are just waiting to see when he can leave. She's the discharge planner and she said she will have a date for us by Monday! As far as PT and OT go, they are ready to sign off. We're hoping that since he will have to go through cardiac rehab, Medicare will pay for that and speech therapy on an outpatient basis. So, Monday we will have at least a tentative date.

He has also been released from the lung doc and will only be seen on an as needed basis. His lungs are now perfectly clear. Amy, the PA couldn't believe that he had smoked for 40 years and quit just 13 years ago! He still has his Advair and a rescue inhaler but I don't really anticipate him having to use it much if at all.

We have to go to Mayo tomorrow for a blood test. The lab the center uses has messed up his Prograf level test that was requested last Monday (a week ago). The first time they ran the wrong test. This time they used the wrong colored top tube. They were going to re-draw it this afternoon, but it has to be done before he takes the Prograf so I told them I would just take him to Mayo in the morning. Hopefully they will remember to hold the Prograf and give it to me to give to him after the test. I'm also going to take him to breakfast at the wonderful cafeteria at Mayo. He has to take the Prograf on an empty stomach so I told him not to eat his breakfast. Maybe he'll remember.

He got upset again this evening about the alarm on his wheelchair. When he started yelling at me about it again I told him I loved him and would see him in the morning and left. He doesn't like it when I do that but it gets through to him better. He called me about an hour later and, while he wasn't completely over it, he was better about it. At least he wasn't raving again. Other than that he had a really good day.

I feel like I'm getting a sty and need to really look at it since I'm prone to the ones that grown inside the bottom lid. But this feels more like an infected eyelash or something. Just haven't taken the time to look in the mirror!

All for tonight, have to get up earlier to get to Mayo early.

No comments:

Post a Comment