Monday, August 13, 2012

Bill had a good week-end and only had 1 little problem yesterday afternoon. But, I gave him a drink and within 15 minutes he was fine. He's wanting to go home so badly that he gets really frustrated when I remind him that when he leaves the center he still has to stay in Florida.

We were supposed to find out today what day he will be discharged, but hadn't heard anything by the time I left at 6. Maybe tomorrow. We also still don't know if the order to remove the feeding tube got signed. Again, maybe tomorrow.

The only glitch the entire week-end and into today has been meals. None of Bill's meals have been right, even though we filled out the menu sheets. When they checked yesterday, the kitchen said they had not received his menus so we filled them out again. Luckily I wrote everything on his calendar so we could remember what he ordered. I handed them to the CNA myself and she turned them in herself, but dinner was wrong and lunch again today. This time someone from the kitchen brought his meal and his menu. She said that if there was a line through his choice it meant it had been entered into the computer correctly, but when she looked at the computer printout that comes with each meal, they didn't match! She gave me her direct number and said she would monitor his trays to make sure they were right. I noticed that there were 3 other trays replaced this evening so there is a definite problem in the kitchen.

The activity office is having an outing to Cracker Barrel Thursday. Bill wants to go, but he doesn't want to go without me. I think it would be really good for him to go but won't push it if he's going to be upset about going. I haven't turned in his money yet so I'll let him think about it a little more.

That's about it for this update. Wish we knew what the next steps would be. Maybe tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment