Thursday, August 16, 2012

We had a very interesting day today. Bill's meds were supposed to come Fedex and I wasn't comfortable with leaving them at the door all day, so I told Bill I was not coming until the meds came and then I would stay later this evening.

Thought I would sleep in a little, but was up before 7 anyway. Bill called about 8:30 and he had eaten breakfast and was dressed and waiting for therapy to come for him. When they knocked on the door for him we said our goodbyes and I got busy. Cleaned all the floors and removed the throw rugs from the bathroom and kitchen. Vacuumed the carpet in the living room and bedroom and got the laundry completely caught up, including getting it all folded and put away instead of leaving it in the laundry room.

We talked a couple of times in the afternoon. He did all of his therapy and then went to the activity room for a concert! We had not participated in the activities because they all involve snacks and drinks and since he hadn't been able to eat or drink thought it would be better not to be tempted. I was surprised that he went and he said it was good and he talked to some people.

I stayed home until 4:45 and then stopped by Zaxby's for a salad and met Bill for supper. We went outside for awhile and I can home a little after 7:30 to see if the meds had come, but no such luck. I was supposed to meet with Stephanie tomorrow to go over the meds so I'll have to get back with her on that. It also means that I will have to stick around here again tomorrow.

It did feel good not to have to get up and out and I don't think I even got dressed until mid-afternoon. But, I was busy and wanted to wait until I was finished working. I think Bill also did well by himself and didn't panic when I didn't come. I will go tomorrow and then come home when he goes to therapy. He still hasn't decided if he is going to go on the outing. I told him it was his decision. Maybe getting through today on his own will help him make the decision. We're also supposed to sign some discharge paperwork tomorrow.

Except for not getting the meds the day wasn't wasted for me and it did us both some good. I just talked to him on the phone and we're both tired and ready for bed. He was going to go to the nurses station and tell them he was ready for bed and wanted his meds so they wouldn't wake him up! Sounds like some pretty good reasoning to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment