Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Good report again--no rejection! And the Prednisone has been cut again which puts us 1 step closer to going home!

Bill was released about 9:30 this morning and we went straight to the beach. Walked on the pier for about an hour. Saw a school of dolphin swimming very close to shore and the fishermen were having a pretty good morning. After that we had lunch as a favorit seafood restaurant with Mary-Rose, Jack and little William. It was just as hard saying good-bye to some of the employees as I thought it would be. I at least made some pretty good friends while he was there and they will be missed. They were also a pretty good support group for me.

When we got back to the condo, just as it started to rain, everyone stayed there while I bought some groceries. Mary-Rose showed me how to use the blood glucose we need to monitor Bill's blood sugar. We don't have to give shots yet, just monitor for now. But, if it's trending up I'm to call Stephanie.

Bill did have a little bad time this afternoon. He got some paperwork from the cardiac rehab group and was not happen to see it. There was a questionaire to fill out and he couldn't understand why it had to be done again since it had been done when he had the LVAD. It didn't matter what we told him he wasn't having any of it, even going so far as to say that he knew he would be going back to the nursing home after that. Part of it was because he was starting to dry out and after a couple of cups of coffee he was back to himself. At least Mary saw that I wasn't exaggerating about the mood swings.

We've had dinner and have the kitchen cleaned and the kids just left. I think we are all tired. I still have to clean his wound and re-bandage it and then we will probably call it a night. It may be a Xanax night...for both of us! But, all in all a good day!

1 comment:

  1. Beth,

    Your reports about Bill are riveting. I see some of myself in there at times, I see so many other heart transplant patients that I know in your words as well. Getting out of the hospital is a huge step. but the most emotional one for me was going home. I keep you both in my thoughts and prayers daily.

    ~ D

    ReplyDelete