Friday, August 17, 2012

Meds finally arrived at 3 this afternoon! Met with Stephanie and went over all of them to make sure I knew the dosages and times they were to be given. The pharmacy sent a really nice canvas attache case, water bottle, pill cutter, thermometer and travel pill case.

Bill did go on the outing today and did fine. He used his walker and only had 1 problem when he stood up from his seat to get out. He said his legs didn't want to work so he sat back down and tried again and they did fine. When they got back there was another little concert that he attended. He talked to the aides that went and to some of the other residents. He feels sorry for a lot of them because they are worse than he is and he says he can tell they're not going to get better!

I finally got to the center just in time for supper with him and when we finished Maggie brought his discharge paperwork for him to sign. Everything is still on track for Tuesday.

Today I got the equipment out of Kristin's garage. She had a rolator walker and the transfer bench for the shower. Also had some safety bars for the toilet. I didn't get the wheelchair because I don't think he is going to need it. It will just be making him use his walker here in the house to go from room to room.

The book I ordered for him came in today and he's already started reading it. It's a 13 week workbook to continue therapies on your own. He was really interested in it.

It's been such a long time since he's been home, I don't know how we will act! It's probably going to be really strange. I've been trying to type and eat jelly beans and I'm having to go back and re-type things. So--do I quit typing or quite eating jelly beans? I think you can figure that one out! Good-night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment