Saturday, August 11, 2012

Had a good day yesterday after I got there. I managed to get quite a bit accomplished. Bill was in a great mood all day and even though I ended up leaving earlier than I had planned, he was OK with it. I've gotten an eye infection. It's like a sty, but not a sty. The dr. said that my lower lid is "very angry". DUH! It's very painful and itches and my face under the eye is really puffy. Anyway, I went to the urgent care clinic this morning and got an antibiotic for it. Got back in time for lunch with Bill.

He was not in a very good mood. His stomach was cramping again and we have traced it to dairy products and it doesn't have to be much. They have been putting his meds in pudding to make it easier to swallow and almost as soon as it is swallowed, he cramps. I was not happy that they sent him the wrong lunch. In great big letters at the top of his menu sheet are the words NO RAW VEGGIES. So why would you send a BLT for lunch. The nurse called the kitchen and they sent the entree we had picked and he finally ate. He was going to eat just crackers and his cookies but I told him no dessert until he ate his lunch! He was in a much better frame of mind after he ate.

We were talking to another resident and her son some today and she has been having problems getting the correct meals also. I wonder if part of it could be a lack of English speaking/reading employees. She also said that the night staff is very loud and rude. Bill had been telling me that for several days, but he is still confused enough that it's hard to decipher what is real and what is just in his mind. But Florence agreed that they bang the doors open and turn on all the lights and startle them and then leave the lights on when they leave.

We've found out that the order for the tube removal has not been signed, it's waiting for signature. So we still don't know when that will be. But, as far as I know, we will know something Monday as far as discharge goes.

Bill is still on the driving theme, but before I left tonight he said that if he needed to go anywhere and I couldn't take him he would just call Ron and tell him he needed to go to the store. We've had a couple of other friends say they will drive him around so maybe he will be ok with that.

All for tonight. My pain pills are wearing off and my eye is starting to hurt again. Been looking at this screen too much this evening. Oh, before I forget, Emily's boss's brother had his transplant Thursday evening. By 1 am yesterday he was awake and talking. I haven't heard anything since the initial report so I'm assuming that things are going well. It's kind of bittersweet that his went so well at the center that told Bill he was too old and Bill's went so wrong at one of the premier centers in the world. But, we're glad for Larry and his family and thankful that Bill is still with us and in as good a shape as can be right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment