Wednesday, May 6, 2020

I said the other day that the post would be short because nothing much happened, and then it seemed like I just kept going and going and going. Well, this one is going to be short.

Again, Bill was awake and aware when I got there. I noticed the heparin drip was gone and Molly said they had switched him back to Eliquis. 

After his morning meds and rounds, running a little behind, he got to the chair and sat his required 2 hours. He said his back hurt by that time so he was moved back to bed and given some Tylenol and to sleep he went.

Dr. Threlkeld said that the antibiotics seem to be working again, but they don't know what was brewing yet. One of the drs. did order some blood cultures, but I don't know which one, and there weren't any results when I left. Dr. Morris is continuing the lasix for the swelling. I could finally see his kneecap on his left leg, but his right foot was swollen, and both ankles were swollen by the time he sat with them down for 2 hours.

And that was pretty much the day. I told him I was leaving at noon today. If you remember, I told you about the ceiling falling down in the little room leading to the storm cellar. Ryan is coming over this afternoon, he finally got his truck fixed, and we are going to clean the room out and then he's going to try to at least cover the hole until I can get someone to come who can actually fix it properly. But, I listened to it rain in during our downpour the other night. When I told him why I was leaving, he said it was fine and that I had to take care of the house. Plus, I'm going to get dinner out of it. Ryan cooked a Boston butt yesterday so he's bringing me pulled pork and potato salad!

So, there you have it, short and sweet. Maybe he'll have a jam packed morning so I'll have something to tell you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment