Friday, May 15, 2020

In typical Bill fashion he rallied after the chaotic night and morning. He has developed a new problem, as if he needed any more. He has GI bleed somewhere in his belly. That's what he had been vomiting. An hour after the GI doctor said it was actually old blood and to restart feeds, he got nauseous. So he got a dose of zofran and his food has been cut in half to see if that helps. 

Even though he has stabilized thes DNR is still in place. He crashed within 4 hours last night. I left at 5 and they called at 9. And it's still only a matter of time. Think he even knows that he's getting weaker. 

He hasn't needed any pain meds except tylenol, but stronger ones are available when needed. 

Since most of the info was given in an earlier Facebook post I'm not going to go over everything again. For those of you who follow this but not friends on Facebook, friend me.

I'm exhausted, not only from very little sleep last night but the emotional aspect. Doctors and nurses alike forgot social distancing to give me a hug. The palliative care nurse sat beside me, with her arm around me for 30 minutes just talking and letting me cry. 

Emily and Bryan brought more meds to me. An exception has been made to allow more visitors now. They sat with him while I went to ER to move my car and I got a little fresh air. 

As I've been writing this his blood pressure is a little lower than it's been all day. Maybe it will go back up some. They could turn the Levo up but that's not in the order. As I said it's still only a matter of time. 

All for tonight. I'm going to try to get some sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment