Monday, May 11, 2020

I'm exhausted! I didn't sleep well last night, had another night of acid reflux even with my medicine. I tried propping myself up, and while that helped with the reflux, it killed my hip. I always thought it was just sleeping in the recliner at the hospital that did it when I stayed over, but now I think it was the 30 degree angle. Anyway, it was the early morning hours (didn't look at the clock so don't know just when) before I finally went to sleep.

It was another good day yesterday. Bill stayed in his chair, against his will for part of it, for almost 5 hours. He was only supposed to stay 3, but they brought a patient up from ER who was crashing and every nurse in the unit was needed. I explained that to him, but he wasn't too happy about it. And every time someone even walked by his door, he was waving for them to come in! When Tyler could finally come to give his meds and get him back to bed, there was no help for her, so nurse/dr. Beth pitched in. I remade his bed and then got the lift in position. After he was back in the bed, I tossed used linen from the chair and rearrainged the room again. The nurses all know I don't mind helping with things I know I can do.

Dr. Threlkeld wasn't too concerned about the fever he spiked yesterday. He's still watching him closely before starting any new antibiotics. He said that over all he looks good and just his appearance is a pretty good indicator with him on how he's feeling.

Dr. Schriner played with the vent settings again and it took Bill a little while to get adjusted to them. His numbers didn't stay as stable as they had on the other settings, but they did finally even out.

Dr. Edwards was pleased that he was in the chair, even though it was a really long time for him. He said the longer he can stay up the better it is for his lungs. I know that, it's just convincing Bill of it! He told me they'll just continue to watch him.

That was really it for the day, nice and quiet. I finished another baby hat and before I could start on the booties, I was commissioned to make 3 more of the bands I've made for the nurses to hold the elastic of the masks. It takes longer to sew the buttons on than it does to crochet them, at least for me who hates to sew anything. So, I'll do the booties today. There's one more pregnant nurse and if I understood what was said, she's expecting twin boys. So, just to be sure, I'm taking some blue based yarn with me today. Like I've told others, what else do I have to do?

I did sign up for a webinar on qualifying for Medicaid and other estate planning. It popped up in my newsfeed on Facebook. It's mostly for attorneys and estate and insurance planners, but it let me sign up as an other. It's not until the 21st so we'll see what happens between now and then.

Emily and Bryan brought me a little storage basket of goodies for Mother's Day, all my favorite treats to take to the hospital. I haven't had any snacks for awhile except for some peppermints since they closed the gift shop. There are vending machines, but I don't want to use my debit card for it and I don't carry a lot of change with me. So, these were very welcome.

That's it for this episode in our adventure. Hope everyone has a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment