Friday, February 22, 2019

Finally! After 3 updates, and I don't know how many reboots, along with internet outages, I am finally able to get this updated!

We had a good visit with Bill's sister and brother-in-law. I know Shirley needed to see Bill and I think he needed to see her just as much. We all had a good visit.

Bill is doing very well in all of his therapies, including eating. We had his care plan meeting Wednesday and he is still on target to leave around March 13. I keep telling him it all depends on how hard he works during therapy and how much he eats. He keeps saying, at every meal, that he's not hungry and I just tell him he has to keep eating or they will start the tube feedings again, or at least supplement his meals. The dietician finally came in to see what he likes and dislikes, but it hasn't made much difference. He still gets things he doesn't like and things are missing from his tray, such as coffee or milk or tea. There is a standing order for lunch and dinner that he gets milk and tea, and that he gets juice, milk and coffee for breakfast. He usually gets the milk, sometimes the tea, always the juice and never the coffee. This morning all he got was the juice and he wouldn't eat his oatmeal because there wasn't any milk. And, of course I was late this morning because of weather and they were starting to collect trays and start therapy by the time I got here. We'll see what lunch brings!

Yesterday the stripped and waxed the floor in his room. They do 2 rooms at a time and Bill was moved temporarily across the hall. That threw him into a tizzy. If it had been another day it wouldn't have made that much difference, I don't think, but Don and Shirley were leaving and I had to take them to the airport. I finally called Ryan and he came and sat with him until he was transferred back to his other room. He calmed down some after we left and Ryan said they had a good visit. I called and told him when I got home, horrible rain and fog, and then he called me after Ryan left.

This morning he was up eating breakfast when I walked in. They had just put it on his tray by the bed, which breaks the rules. He's supposed to sit in his wheelchair for all meals, but they won't get him up. Luckily the nurse came by and got him up. He's also graduated to swallowing his pills again except for 1. It's in a liquid form and since it costs $800, they want to use it first before going back to pills. I don't blame them there. He tried drinking it and it tastes awful, so they are still pushing it through the tube. They need to flush the tube anyway so it's not a problem.

His white count and his BNP they were keeping an eye on (the fluid build-up) have both come down. The practitioner said she can still hear rales in the lower lobes, but don't expect an explanation of the difference between rales, wheezes, and crackles, because I don't know what it is. He's making noise is all I know!

That's about it. Oh yeah, my lab tests came back and all is good. I took my blood pressure this morning on my right arm and it was 144/84. I took it a few minutes later on my left arm and it was 110/73. So which one do I use? It averages out to 127/79. I think the other day it was mainly stress, leaving Bill in the hands of others over an hour away and dealing with Memphis traffic again. But, I'll keep checking it and I'm drinking more water again so we'll see.

Our weather is supposed to get rather dicey tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully it will all be gone by the time I need to go home. We're hoping to have a little birthday party for him tomorrow since it's his birthday. And, they do a monthly party for all the residents on the last day of the month, so he'll get 2 parties.

Thank you to everyone who has sent cards, he's getting quite a collection of get well, valentine, and birthday cards. I'm running out of room on his window sill!

All for now, I think that covers everything. No it doesn't, the podiatrist will be here March 1 so hopefully he'll get his toenails cared for. The therapists have said that they are going to start hindering his movement if they aren't cared for soon.

And that IS all for now.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment