Sunday, February 10, 2019

There's really nothing to tell you this morning. Yesterday was one of those sit around and do nothing days. Bill got into his chair when I got there a little after 8 and stayed in it except for using the commode until 4 when I got ready to leave. We watched classic movies all day. 

I could tell you that Bill got very petulant when it was time for me to leave.

I could tell you that he called me and insisted he could walk into the kitchen and make a pot of coffee so he needed to come home. I could tell you that he yelled at the nurse when she came in to give him her meds.

I do understand that he's feeling better, but he still doesn't understand just how sick he has been and how weak he still is. He feels better so in his mind he's ready to resume his regular life. 

So, it was a normal day until afternoon. I think he had it in his head that when I leave I go out and have fun. He called 3 times before I got home. Once I was getting gas, once I was trying to unlock the front door and keep the cats from running out and once I had just finished feeding the cats and still hadn't stopped. And, I know none of it is his fault, which makes it even harder to deal with. Hopefully after sleeping, if he slept since he was already so agitated, he'll be in a good mood today. I know I didn't sleep well and I'm still tired this morning. It's also rainy and it started with some freezing rain and then the rain the rest of today, through Tuesday is supposed to be quite heavy. So, not only am I tired, I'll be stressed from the weather when I get there.

Sorry, this is such a downer post. Wait, no I'm not sorry. This is a part of dealing with his recovery and I don't have to apologize for that. It's also the part that is the hardest right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment