Monday, February 25, 2019

I was quite surprised when I walked into Bill's room yesterday morning...and he was gone! I checked the bathroom to see if he was in there but it was also empty. I saw his nurse Margo and asked if he had escaped and she said he was in therapy! Surprisingly, he had some more physical therapy yesterday! I walked into the therapy room, just to let him know I was there and then left them to do their thing. I don't want to distract him and I don't want him looking to me when he gets tired and wants to quit. I think one thing he's going to check on today is to see if he can do his walking first. They do it last after all of the cycling and standing exercises and then he's just too tire to walk far. So, we're going to see if they can do it first and then maybe he'll be able to walk farther. After all, he's going to have to walk at home!

He was brought back just in time for breakfast, but I had to go get his milk for his oatmeal. He ate all of it and some of his eggs but they didn't even toast his bread yesterday! Sometimes when they do toast it it's so hard he can't eat it anyway, but this hadn't even seen a toaster. I guess people think that because the patients are old they don't deserve, or maybe care, about their food. I don't know.

After he ate he got dressed, with my help, and then we watched movies for a while. I decided that if he is to come home in less than 3 weeks, he and I had better start doing some of the basic things that he'll need to do. So, even if I have to help him dress while there, and maybe at home too, we'd better get going on it.

He wanted to get out of the room for a while, so we took a stroll through the building. It was too cool and windy for us to go outside, but we walked to the main lobby. And, Bill remembered that he had been there before, which is an improvement. After our walk, he got in bed for a bit, just to get out of the wheelchair.

He still gets upset when I have to leave, even though he knows I can't stay. Before I left we got his pajamas on and back in his chair, or he would have eaten his dinner in bed and that's a big no-no for him.

He tells me it just gets so lonely after I leave, that no-one comes in except to give him medicine. I told him he can ask them to turn on his portable tank and he can go to the sitting area with the others if he wanted. His tank is on the back of his chair and he can't see the dial to turn it on. I counted the clicks it takes to get to his setting so I may see if he can reach it and count them and get it going. We may practice that today.

I have to take care of some business today. Still getting notices that we have other insurance from Tri-care, even though I've already talked to them and they assured me that everything is OK. I did see, when I looked at their new and improved website which was actually harder to navigate than the old one, that we have been moved to a different region. And I think therein lies the problem. So, that's first on my list. Then I have to cancel Bill's eye appointment next week. I'm going to keep mine, but I'm not going to try to get over there and back by 10 with him in tow. I'll just reschedule for when he's discharged.

And, I'm going over his meds from Memphis and his prograf readings. They never did get back with the nurses on his dosage when it dropped so low, so I'm taking it into my own hands. I know what his levels were on the dosage that Mayo set and we're going to talk to Mayo instead of Memphis about it. As Mary Rose suggested, the dr. who shall now just remain nameless, really wants him to die so that he can say he was right all along. And that may be his thinking since there were no follow-up instructions, or no instructions for me as to the care of his feeding tube and how to crush his meds to push them through. But, since Bill is swallowing his meds now, that is kind of a moot point. So, it's going to be a busy day. I also have a business tax return to finish and get filed before the 15th. At least I'll have something to occupy me while Bill is in therapy.

That's about it. Another day crossed off his calendar and as soon as they bring in the March on, we'll circle the 13th in red for him. Hopefully they'll have him ready to go, or he's going to be really disappointed. We'll see how it goes!

Well, tired to publish this and the internet is down again. AT&T is just about to lose a customer they've had since they began offering dial-up. It seems like it's down more than it's up anymore. I've glad I don't work full-time at home on taxes, this is getting ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment