Thursday, February 28, 2019

Yesterday turned into a terrible day for me. I felt fine when I left yesterday morning, just a little stuffy and sniffly. Bill was still in bed and he said that he ached all over and needed to get up. I thought his aching was from all the walking he did and just being in bed for so long.

One of the aides brought in a cup of coffee, doing a coffee run, which was a first, so Bill got to enjoy some coffee before breakfast. He ate most of his breakfast, but said he still just hurt and had a headache.

By this time I was starting to do some coughing that sounded pretty productive so I said that I was heading off to Walmart once therapy started. Erica came in and got him for speech and they were going to work on memory recall. He did remember some things without prompting that she asks him every day, so that was an improvement.

When I got to Walmart I got some sinus medicine, Alka Seltzer Liquid Gels and they were supposed to be non-drowsy. As I went to pay, I reached into my back pocket and all that came out was my drivers' license, no debit or credit card. Oh no, where could they be? Luckily I had some cash. I had also wanted to go next door to Hobby Lobby, but decided I'd better go back to the nursing home.

Bill was just coming back when I got back and Erica said he had done really well. She will need to watch him eat to see if he's meeting that goal in the next couple of days. I took a dose of the medicine and then I looked all over the car and in all of my coat pockets and the cards were not there, so I called Emily to have her look at the house. I thought they had probably fallen out when I took my pants off, but she didn't see them. I called Walgreens which was the last place I had been the night before and nothing had been turned in. So, I decided I'd better come home and take care of that.

On the way home, I started coughing more and more and really felt worse than I had before I took the medicine. The cards were in the clothes hamper thankfully. I also found the little business card holder I had been looking for to put them in, so now they should be OK.

I filled up with gas and stopped at Sonic for some lunch to eat on the way back. I got very sleepy on the way back and a couple of times nearly fell asleep. I ended up talking out loud to myself to stay awake. This is the first time that's happened and I didn't like it at all! Bill was eating his lunch when I got back and before OT came, I decided that I just needed to go home, but I also knew I couldn't drive. So I called Emily and she said she and Bryan would come and get me. I dozed for the hour it took for them to get there and at one time thought I was going to throw up, but that went away. I was just extremely tired. 

We thought Bill was going to get a roommate, which didn't make him happy, but at the last minute they put him across the hall. Before Em and Bryan came, Priscilla came in and said she had heard back from Mayo and they didn't want to monitor his meds until they saw him again, which made sense. So, the local nursing home dr. is going to monitor them. And I think between the 3 of us, me, Priscilla and the Dr., we can keep them at a therapeutic level.

Em and Bryan came and took me home and all I wanted to do was sleep. I went to bed at 8 (could have gone earlier but didn't). I didn't sleep well and I woke up with cramps in both feet some time in the night. Unlike the night before when the cats were very quiet and didn't get up early, they were up and down all night. 

I feel better this morning, have no fever, but have a touch of diahrrea. I took some Coricidin HBP this morning and it usually does this to me but usually not with the first does. I think it has more to do with the jelly beans I ate last night. Anyway, also have Imodium on board now so should be good. I'm going to see Bill, today is the monthly birthday celebration an I want him to go to that, so we'll see how long I last. I'm not in any hurry to get dressed and get there, but I'm afraid if I don't get there before they bring his breakfast, he will try to eat it in be and that's a big no-no. So, I'll need to leave within the hour anyway.

All for now, I think I remembered everything in my drug induce mind. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment