Sunday, February 24, 2019

It was quite the day yesterday! When I got to the hospital, after another morning drive in rain and fog, Bill was eating breakfast...in his bed! So, before I even got my jacket off, I got him up and in his wheelchair. Then, tossed my jacket on the bed and went and got him a cup of coffee. Maybe it will all be done right one of these days!

His little party was a success, but it wore him out and I think that many people overwhelmed him a little. It also didn't happen when planned because of oversleeping. Ryan and the baby were the first ones there and he was actually on time! Emily, Bryan and their girls, plus McKenna's boyfriend Roderick and Kayden and Kiyann finally got there and then Mistie and Joe got there after all the festivities were over. Not that there were many, just cupcakes and ice cream. But, it was right before they started serving lunch so Bill didn't want any lunch. I told the aide he had just eaten a cupcake and ice cream before they brought the tray so he only ate a few bites of mac and cheese. I left before his dinner tray came so I don't know how much he ate last night.

 At one point in the morning one of the aides came in and said we were at Code Yellow so she had to shut the blinds and if we went to Code Black, we had to go into the hallway. There were some strong storms in the area at the time so it didn't surprise me. I told Ryan they didn't realize there were 2 weather junkies in the room who really wanted the blinds open but we kept peeking. The door to the room was closed to keep the baby corralled so they didn't know. It actually turned out that all of the Dunhams drove through the storms to get to Jonesboro, a Blytheville police were advising people to stay home as most of the roads were flooded. There has been so much rain and there is nowhere for the water to go now. The ground is so saturated. Today is windy and with the ground so soft, they are afraid of trees being uprooted. But, by the time I left yesterday, the roads were clear. It just looks like I'm driving next to the ocean, just miles and miles of water in the fields.

I asked the nurse if they had ever heard from Memphis on his Prograf level being so low and so said they had not. When I got home last night I looked at prior discharge orders with the meds attached and the dosage I was to give and I'm going to compare them with the test results. That's one thing about technology. I get all of the test results. I used to get them in real time, now they don't post them until discharge. So, I'll probably have my computer with me today. If not today, tomorrow.

I still need to find out what's going on with Tricare. I got another letter saying we have other insurance other than Medicare and we're starting to get bills for services that should have been paid for. And of course it came on the week-end when I can't call them. But I messaged them from their "new and improved" website, and the new and improved is debatable. It was very hard to navigate, but I did see that we had been moved from the west region to the east region at the first of the year, which is probably what is causing the problem. There were also some medicare denials that I need to check into also.

That's it for now. It's going to be hard to keep Bill occupied today. Yesterday he did have some physical therapy since he didn't have it Friday, so I think Mallory had her baby. He had Maru yesterday. But, today there won't be any. Maybe I can interest him in going to one of the church services. They hold them in the little room across the hall where we had his party.

All for today. Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment