Tuesday, February 26, 2019

This is going to be short as it is the way our days are going now. Bill ate a really good breakfast with the speech therapist observing. Then he was whisked off for a shower and physical/occupational therapy. Back for a little TV before lunch and then a boring afternoon of watching TV. We did take a little walk through the halls before I had to leave.

After talking to several people, we've come up with a way to maybe give him a little more freedom, especially after I leave. He can't reach the regulator on the oxygen tank on the back of his chair without getting out of the chair and he's not supposed to do that. I'm going to take a couple of our small tanks that he can put in his lap. That way he can use those and go sit in the sitting area with some of the other men. I made sure he knew the way back to his room yesterday, room number and showed him his name on the wall, so maybe it will give him a little more independence.

We are still on track as far as I know for being discharged on March 13th and he's counting down the days on the calendar. It would be easier if they would post the March calendar, but they won't do that until Friday. So, we're just talking about it and using the ones I printed for him.

That's really it. Meals, therapy, TV, maybe a walk, and bed.

I'm tired this morning, and I'm blaming my sister. We hadn't talked for a while and it was 11:30 before we were off the phone. So, it's all her fault that I only got about 4 1/2 hours of sleep. I can also blame the cats as they started in a little after 3. So, lots of coffee for me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment