Monday, February 11, 2019

Yesterday was another lazy day. We watched movies all day again. I did a couple of tax returns and checked on some insurance issues. All of a sudden Tricare is not wanting to pay what it is supposed to pick up after Medicare pays. This has all started since the first of the year. They say we have other health insurance that would pay first.

I called them Friday, among all the other stuff that was going on, and spoke to Dorothy who told me that there were no problems with his account at all. Yet, when I got home, there was a bill from the ambulance company showing that Tricare wanted EOBs from the other insurance company. 

I had started trying to coordinate what Tricare wasn't paying, or wanting their money back, with Medicare, but on the way home it hit me that they are wanting these EOBs from an insurance that we don't have! So, another phone call to make today. I'm going to try to diploatically tell them to get their act together. This is not my problem since we didn't tell them we had other insurance, someone on their end checked a box, or a system upgrade was done, or something. Since it is affecting different providers it's not just a billing issue from the hospital or doctors, it has to be coming from Tricare. So, we'll see how long it takes before the ugly has to come out with threats from attorneys and such.

I'm still going to the nursing home this morning. I haven't heard from them yet, but I want to get it out of the way in case a bed opens this week. So, off to Jonesboro this morning, then cut across country to hit the interstate to Memphis. It's cold and rainy so it won't be a pleasant trip.

It has rained so much that the fields all look like lakes and the water was up to the road in some places. There are also some new potholes. I hit one on the interstate and then hit one on my street on the other side of the car. I may have 4 flat tires when it gets light enough to see! It rained all night and is supposed to rain all day, night, Tuesday and Tuesday night. And then next week, while Don and Shirley are here, it's supposed to be cold and rainy in Memphis, or if he has been transferred to Jonesboro, cold with rain/snow mix. Just lovely weather!

Hopefully Bill will remember that I'm not coming this morning. But since he can talk now he will probably call to see where I am. At least we can talk. But, the respiratory therapist was going to make sure in report that they all knew that I would be late so they could remind him.

His trach site has almost completely closed. There's just a pinhole left, just enough to whistle or wheeze when he coughs. And that should close in a day or 2. Now to just get him moving without his sats dropping! That is still an issue.

All for this morning. The cats actually let me sleep until almost 5 but I don't have to leave as early to go to Jonesboro as I normally would. That's a good thing! I'll let you know how it goes with everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment