Sunday, January 19, 2020

Bill was wide awake and rearing to go when I got to the hospital this morning. I stayed home an extra hour, the sun was shining, the traffic was light and it was actually a pleasant drive.

I asked Laura if he slept last night and she said his night nurse told her he slept like a baby so the Seroquel worked! Hopefully it will work again tonight.

His vent was set on 10 and still at 50% on oxygen. Bill told me that he couldn't breathe when I got there so I told him that he had to do more breathing because the machine wasn't breathing for him as much and he said OK and didn't say anymore about it. There was another setting, the PEEP which has something to do with keeping the lower lobes of the lungs more inflated when he exhales, that was set on 7 and Stephanie increased it to 10. She did say that she was going to consult with Dr. Hendricks(x) who has hospital rotation this week about the inner trach and the possibility of needing to use the longer tube. He's still leaking air which somewhat defeats the purpose of the vent.

His blood sugar was perfectly normal this morning and at noon, but high this afternoon. Laura said that seems to be a trend with him. His blood pressure is also much higher in the afternoons. I asked her about holding his mididrine which is the med to keep his pressure above 100. She said she hadn't given him any since yesterday morning, so maybe they have stopped it unless his pressure drops again.

He sat in his chair for 2 hours today and we watched old movies all day. He did get back into bed when it was time for me to leave. I gave him the standard orders and he just answered with no fun again. Hopefully there will be no shenanigans tonight! He told me to kiss the kitties and told me he loved me and off I went.

That's how the day went today. I've done some catch up reading and cat cuddling. There's nothing interesting on TV tonight and I've gone silent as far as the phone goes. Unless caller ID shows the hospital, I'm not answering calls. I've enjoyed the quiet of the house. And now, I'm calling it a day, or a night, however you want to put it. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment