Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Final update on today...NO BRONCH! Dr. El Hadad said he sounded much better and Sharon, the nurse had been suctioning him throughout the day. Bill even asked to be suctioned at one time.

Physical and Occupational Therapy came in and got him up and in his chair. His sats dropped into the mid 80s but came back up and then didn't drop past 89 throughout his exercises. They were impressed with what he could do. 

He was still in his chair when I left watching the movie Spaceballs which is about the dumbest movie I've ever seen. But, it was keeping him calm and breathing well.

They've reduced his oxygen concentration from 98% to 70% and even though he's still getting 15 liters/minute, we're taking baby steps. First get him on a lower concentration, keeping his sats up, and then start reducing the flow so it's now such a shock to him to try to breathe less oxygen at a lower rate all at once.

I think that covers the rest of the day. Hopefully they will start trying to cap the trach so that he can speak easier and hopefully eat real food.

I'm not sure if I'll have my computer with me tomorrow or not, so don't know when the next update will be for tomorrow. Just keep checking in!

No comments:

Post a Comment