Saturday, January 4, 2020

Post i s a little later today, but nothing really happened until this afternoon.

Bill's morning was pretty quiet. His sats were low again when I got here, but his nurse was getting ready to suction him and they came right up. After his morning meds she got him right into his chair and he stayed there until noon. Dr. El Hadad came in and listened to him and then went running out of the room to an emergecy, yelling over his shoulder that he would be back. He finally came back about noon, before Bill got back into bed and said that he wanted to bronch again today. Bill has been coughing some stuff up, but the dr. didn't like the amount of stuff that was in the collection cup on his tubing. He wanted to do it right then, which would work great for me since I could get lunch and then by the time I was finished eating, it would be over and I could go back into the room. But, Crystal, the respiratory tech got tied up with something, and then Dr. El Hadad got tied up. I went to get lunch at 1, and finally, at 3:30, they came into the room to finally do it.

Everything went fine, he's still out and on the vent until he wakes up. They've been having to give him more of the meds each time, so it's harder for him to wake up. I don't know if he's just fighting it, or what. He's very peaceful and of course all of his numbers are good.

The strangest thing about this is...I was sitting out in a little atrium type room (with no plants but lots of windows, and very few chairs, tryng to knit (knitted and unknitted the same row twice so didn't make any progress) and Dr. Edwards, affectionately known as Dr. A.A., came to find me himself! He told me they got a bunch of stuff out again and will repeat it tomorrow since he is still producing so much mucus...and then asked how I was doing and if I was hanging in there! That's the most that man has spoken to me EVER! He was also in Bill's room when I got back there and he said everything looked good and he would see us tomorrow! Maybe there's hope for him yet!

That's it for today. I'm going to stay until he wakes up and then head home. I've got some things to do there that I've tried to do here, but of course the internet doesn't want to cooperate. Have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment