Thursday, January 2, 2020

Even though Bill told me he was up all night, the nurse said that he went to sleep at 8 and slept all night! Dr. Threlkeld said that he was told they had to put him on CPAP for a bit, but the nurse said they did not, he had a good night. So, I'm not sure where the communication broke down.

They've reduced his oxygen concentration to 50% and it looks like his flow is down to 12 from 15, so things are progressing! His sats have stayed in the upper 90s for the most part. He's done a little coughing and is finally moving some of the stuff around. He's only been suctioned once since I've been here.

Dr. El Hadad said he sounds even better than yesterday, so no bronch again today! He wants him up and walking around the room if possible. He would prefer him to walk in the hall, but with the contact precautions, he can't leave the room. So walking around the bed a few times is the best he can do. He also has ordered that he get a lot of therapy since he's been in bed for so long.

His urine is finally back to a normal color, still with no explanation on what caused the discolorization. 

I'm hoping that speech comes in today, and soon. I'm getting a sore throat, but I think it's all from sinus drainage. The weather has changed again so it's not surprising. But, it's pouring rain and I need to get some groceries so I really need to leave early and then head to the house. It's supposed to rain through the night so my drives aren't going to be very pleasant.

That's about it for today, so far. It's been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment