Sunday, January 26, 2020

The Seroquel was given early on Friday night and Bill slept all night and part of the morning. Brittany met me in the hallway, usually not a good sign, and told me he did fine and was awake when she first went in at 7. He was awake when I walked in the room, but went back to sleep shortly after that and was sleeping really good all morning.

Totally out of character, he became very combative when it came time for his bath. The PCAs know that he gets cold easily, so they tag team him and keep him covered as much as possible and the bath is over in 10 minutes. But, I actually had to hold his arms to keep him from hitting them. When it was all said and done, he became his usual easy-going self. I hope that it was just because he had been in a deep sleep. They only bathe every other day, so today shouldn't be a problem. Of course they do have to clean him after a bowel movement, but he doesn't fight them on that.

He was supposed to be put on CPAP for 2-4 hours yesterday but it hadn't been done before I left. I asked the respiratory tech about it and she had gotten busy and forgotten! But, no big deal, except that I wasn't going to be there and couldn't stay. My lunch did not agree with me and I was tired of running down the hall to the bathroom. I was totally miserable so needed to just come home. I also think I was just tired and needed to  go to bed early. So, she was going to switch him over after his breathing treatment.

I made these signs for Bill, to maybe help orient him when I wasn't there or when he had been sleeping and I wasn't in the room. This was the suggestion my sister made that they had used in the nursing home. Hopefully I can get them inserted here. The one of "me" shows when I am there. It is supposed to tell him that I am in the hospital, even if I'm not in the room. The other one, on the flip side in the sleeve, lets him know that I've gone home to get some rest. We tried it yesterday so we'll see if it worked today! I'm also adding a picture of the man himself. Considering all he's been through, he doesn't look too bad, in my opinion!














No comments:

Post a Comment