Monday, January 27, 2020

There really isn't much to tell from yesterday. Bill did fine Saturday afternoon with his CPAP test and yesterday's test went great. He was breathing on his own, with the vent only keeping his airway open like a CPAP machine does, for 6 hours! His sats stayed in the upper 90s/100 most of the time. I don't know what the plan is for today, if they will try a trach collar and then put him on CPAP tonight or just what they will do. I guess I'll find out when I get there.

He did sound junky at times and had to be suctioned quite a bit before I got there. Stephanie could see where he was able to cough the secretions to and said they were white and frothy. She did order an xray for this morning so we'll know more after that.

His Prograf level, the level of one of his anti-rejection meds, was a little low yesterday at 4, but Dr. Yaranov said that's a good level for Bill. It gives enough of an immune system to fight these infections, yet not so much of one that it brings on rejection. And, although rejection can happen at any time, it is more likely during the period right after transplant and for the first couple of years. Bill is far enough out from his that it is unlikely, but could still happen.

We just lazed around and watched movies all day yesterday. He hadn't remembered what the signs were for, probably forgot it was on the wall. So, when I left yesterday I turned it to the sleeping face and told him I was going home to rest and that he could take a nap if he wanted. He apparently did because he turned off the TV. I reminded him that when "my face" was showing I was in the hospital.

Other than that, it was a very quiet day with no problems.

I'm not looking forward to the drive this morning. The cats decided to have a little tiff on the bed, on top of me, about 3 this morning and my usually response is to just kick my legs and kick them off the bed. I did the usual response and now my hip is screaming at me. I have already taken a pain pill and it is starting to work. But, it had been doing so well I hadn't really had to use the cane. I've carried it with me and use it outside since I walk up and down hills, but most of the time can get by without it. I think, though, that today will be a cane day.

That's it from here. I'll of course let you know how today goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment