Friday, January 24, 2020

I wanted to get this post done early so tablet it is. Bill threw a tantrum after I left last night and was throwing anything he could get his hands on. Apparently the Ativan did not work. He was awake and in a good mood when I got here but he had sent his pca on a mission to find me! He had been writing lots of notes including telling everyone to get out of his room! So we had a talk about that. 

Hematologist came in early and said that his blood numbers were all good and he hoped he got off the vent soon so he could talk again. 

I talked to the Joint Commission nurse and she was more impressed on what I knew about Bill's condition than what I thought about the facility. I talked to the nurse manager about meds and as soon as we were finished she sent his nurse in. By this time Bill had gone back to sleep and... yep, got his Seroquel at 9:30. She was going to pt a note in that he does better when he gets it at 8 and was going to let pharmacy know to send it up early and to make sure his night nurse knew to give it early. 

His antibiotics are going to be stopped. His last sputum  sample showed Pseudomonas but no white blood cells so it is dormant again. They are just going to continue to monitor him for now. 

The vent has been turned back to 4, skipping 6 altogether and he's done fine. PT came in and instead of using the sling to move him, Chris had him sit on the edge of the bed and then partially stand and pivot to the chair. He was really impressed and his sats only dropped to 88 which is his minimum number, and he recovered quickly. He's been up for almost 2 hours now. 

Speech came in and worked on swallowing again and he did well. It's still hard because of the longer tube of the inner trach. But it will get easier. 

So that's today's update. I'm going to have them put him back to bed when I need to leave and hope that he has a good evening. I'll. Let you know tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment