Saturday, July 14, 2012

Bill didn't have a good day yesterday. He's got a little hemorroid that is really bothering him, and he's also having some stomach cramps that cause almost immediate diahrea, so he had a couple of accidents yesterday. And with the hemorroid, it's painful to clean up. Supposed to be getting something for both of these. He wasn't able to do much walking for PT because of it.

He did eat his spaghetti and I got a thumbs up. By the time he got it most of the sauce had been strained off but he had noodles and meat and he managed just fine. Next week he will get softer things again since JoEllen is on vacation.

He got up again yesterday, out of his wheelchair while I was getting some lunch. I didn't get called, but I had checked with the nurses before I left so they knew that I would be back before they could even get him assessed, and I was. May have a couple of bruises, but no damage to his gtube or wound vac. It's amazing that he remembers about those when someone is helping him, telling them to be careful of everything, but he doesn't remember them when he tries to do something himself.

He was very confused about his feeding tube also yesterday. It was like he had just gotten it and had never had anything connected to it. For several hours, and could be more after I left, he kept saying that it was awful that they fed him all night and that when it was gone in the morning, the whole thing would come out. This is a new development. I don't know if we've talked too much about the tube coming out when he's able to eat anything he wants again, or if it's just jumbled in his mind again.

The wound looked even smaller yesterday than Wednesday. I wish we would get the appt set with Dr. Agnew again for them to check it. The vac is going to come off before long!

All for this morning. I need to finish some bookkeeping and get it mailed today. I'm doing it in shifts this month. Oh, I haven't gotten called all week at night so the Xanax or Ativan is working. Selene, he RN yesterday, said she thinks it's Xanax, but he seems to be sleeping all night now.

No comments:

Post a Comment