Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Bill had another good day today. He ate most of a bowl of oatmeal and drank some apple nectar. He did quite well and JoEllen feels better about him eating. She's going to let him have breakfast, at least something soft every morning, and she's going to let me monitor it. That way he doesn't have to wait for her to come. Of course that means that I have to be there an hour earlier than usual since breakfast comes at 7:15.

He walked 2 circuits today in PT and worked his shoulders more in OT. OT also watched us do transfers from his chair to the toilet and chair to bed. I told her we had not had any problems and I felt comfortable helping him.

I think he got his Xanax last night, I was not called any. He said he slept pretty good and he was very alert when I got there. He had already had his shower and was dressed when I got there. He was also ready to go for therapy so got started early.

But, by noon he was clearly tired and droopy. We've gotten so we can tell by looking at his face when he's really tired. I can mostly tell by the droop of his mouth on the left side. Most of the time he controls it, but when he's really tired it's really noticable. His blood sugar was also pretty low, only 81. He was also confused some and his routine was thrown off a little by an interview by the social worker.

After he rested awhile, he looked better and at 6 his blood sugar had swung the other way and was 186. It hadn't been that high for a long time. Don't know what made the change, but both of the numbers could have been the cause of his confusion.

John and Heather and the kids, all but Gage, came to visit tonight and Amber is staying with me tonight. We hit McDonalds on the way home and we're both wearing down. They spent the day at the beach in the wind and sun. She's not going to go with me in the morning, just hang out here for a little while. Hopefully I won't wake her in the morning.

All for tonight. Sleep well!

No comments:

Post a Comment