Thursday, July 12, 2012

Bill had an awesome day!

I went this morning to see him before his therapy and then I left to run some errands and get the spaghetti sauce started. I also took his laundry home and got it going. He called me at 11 and said that he was done with therapy and wanted to know when I was coming back. I told him as soon as his clothes were dry I would be there and he said he thought he would go outside.

I couldn't find him when I got back and it turned out that he was not finished with all of his therapy, he was having OT then. BUT, he had managed quite well without me and explored the unit a little on his own. That made me feel good that he didn't panic about being alone.

He was given a couple of tools to use as aides in dressing. With the feeding tube it's hard for him to bend over to put on his shoes and socks. He was given a sock helper that he puts the sock on and then he can get his foot in it and pull the helper out as he pulls it over his foot. He also got a long shoe horn and elastic shoe laces so that he doesn't have to tie his shoes. These may only be needed until he can bend easily but who knows, he may need them all the time.

He's going to get spaghetti tomorrow for lunch. I talked to JoEllen and she said that I could bring him some and we would mush it up and see how he did with the ground meat and noodles. There's enough food for an army, but when they all get here there's 5 kids and 2 more adults so it may all be eaten!

All for tonight. Let's all pray for another good day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment