Friday, July 20, 2012

The last 2 days have been interesting to say the least. As far as Bill and therapy have gone, he's done really well. We've walked together several times and today we went to one of the independent living apartments they use for therapy to see what kind of bath/shower chair we need to get. We also had a visit from some friends we've met here which picked him up some. I know he's tired of just seeing me all the time.

The med nurse that was brought in yesterday was competent, but the meds were late, as was his food. And, as soon as it was connected, it fell out. The shunt that is used has come off and no one will believe me that they are putting the tube into the wrong port. The one they are using is the one used for his meds. As it is now, it has to be taped in and then untaped for meds and then re-taped. Of course all of that involves twisting and turning and I think they sometimes forget that the tube is connected to Bill and is not just a piece of tubing. Finally his nurse tonight saw what the problem was.  But, nothing was done before I left.

Bill was fine today until 5:30 when he was connected to his food. He then started with the typical week-end ranting. Mary Rose called during that time and he talked to her for 30 minutes. When he gave me the phone back all she could say was "wow". He complained continually while he was getting his meds and then all of a sudden decided he was ready to get into bed and was back to himself! It's a little unsettling when he swings so fast from one to the other.

We're going to go on our roadtrip tomorrow. I don't know where yet, we may just drive for awhile. It's very easy to sign him out, I just have to make sure he's had all of his meds. I can't decide if I'm going to take his wheelchair or just his walker. I'll see how steady he is in the morning.

We are now closing in on 10,000 hits to this blog which just blows my mind! Who knew when I started this in 2009 that it would have so many.

I'll let you know how tomorrow goes, and if I'm dealing with Dr. Jekyll or Mr. Hyde!

No comments:

Post a Comment