Thursday, January 31, 2019

I was wide awake yesterday morning when the cats woke me at 4. So, got up and on the road at 6:04, including a swing through McDonalds drive through. When I got to the hospital, there was quite a surprise waiting for me...Bill was up and in his chair and working on one of his puzzle books!
 
His night nurse was still there and she said that he actually woke up about 2 and she tried to get him to go back to sleep, but it didn't work. So about 6:30 she got him to the chair and told him I would be there soon. He was in a really good mood, although he was still coughing some.

Therapy came in about 9 and they worked with him sitting and standing. They used the stander to get him back to bed instead of the lift. It has a section that can close after he is standing to that he can sit. They think that's how he was put in his chair since the sling for the overhead mover wasn't under him, but I don't know because the machine itself was lower than usual and I had to raise it to sit in my chair. But, after therapy he got back into bed. He was going to get back in the chair later, but he didn't want to wait for help. He has it in his head that he can just get up and walk around, and maybe he can. I haven't tried to stand on the stander and of course they therapists are holding a pad against his behind so that he doesn't flash everyone, so maybe that makes him unsteadier. It might be like standing on a step-stool where you don't feel really steady and he might do better just standing on the floor with them holding the pad against him. Hmmm, I'll have to think on that.

He also had the loop running in his head about going home. He even said he had a dr. appointment here he had to go to. He was OK when I left, getting ready to take a little snooze and I was sitting there half asleep, so I came home a little earlier than I have been. Driving home in the day was so different! I even fooled the outside cats because it was still light when I fed them.

I got my first "free" lunch yesterday and it was pretty good, spaghetti with a salad, green beans, garlic bread and applesauce. I told Bill that if it would bother him for me to get the tray and him not get one, that I would decline it, but he said it wouldn't bother him. I also didn't get a choice between the hot and cold entrees so some days I won't eat it since they serve baked fish a lot and, of course, those of you who know me well, know I don't do fish. But, we'll see how it goes.

The person in the room next to Bill's passed away yesterday. Again, I just happened to look up and wee the gurney from the funeral home go by and then the family followed shortly after. I still think it would lend a little dignity if they would just close the room doors as they get ready to pass by.

The student nurse yesterday was Brianna and she is really sweet. She did really well and a couple of the questions she had I could answer instead of waiting for her to grab Kayla. She also explained one of the numbers to me with his blood pressure and how they arrive at it. I won't go into it here, this morning, anyway.

So, that's it. I'm not near as perky this morning as yesterday morning. I'm also a little snotty. I think it's all from the weather. It's supposed to warm up today and the windchills aren't supposed to be as bad. And then warm and rain for the week-end. 

Hopefully we'll have as good a day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment