Monday, January 14, 2019

Today was a pretty good day until...more on that later.

Bill slept very well last night, so well they decided not to give him his bath until this morning. Dr. Williams decided after listening to him to put him back on the trach collar to see how he tolerated it, and he did great. His stats were low to begin with and I was afraid they wouldn't leave him on it. He also did a lot of coughing, but he got the stuff up and out so I did a lot of suctioning. He also still has the probe on his forehead and I'm not sure how well it was registering. But, his numbers came up in the afternoon and stayed in the mid to upper 90s.

After getting his bath, and then getting cleaned up after a bowel movement, Lizzy decided to try the chair and use the stander to get there instead of sliding him from the bed to the chair. But, just after they got him on the stander and closed the seat behind him, he said "I'm pooping" and sure enough he was. So, he sat, he stood, he sat, he stood, he got back to the bed and rolled one way and another and by then they figured he had had enough exercise and decided to leave him in bed but put it in chair position.

He did take the collar off at one time and I told him that was like the oxygen for his nose, it just goes in his throat right now. After that the only other time he reached for it was during a breathing treatment and he said it was cold.

They are going to put him back on the vent in CPAP mode tonight and then go back to the collar tomorrow.

We're still waiting for a bed and the first one available is his so hopefully it will be in the next couple of days.

And now for the later. I noticed when Bill's sister called this afternoon that the phone lit up and showed her picture but it didn't ring or vibrate, and I was holding it. I didn't think a lot about it because the nurse practitioner was there and talking. Then tonight on the way home Emily called after work and I wouldn't have known it if it hadn't shown up on the radio screen. And as we were talking I lost her. Of course I was in the middle of nowhere so thought that was it. I waited a bit and then tried to call her and it told me that I wasn't paired with the car. I looked at the phone, and it usually stays in my console since I have the hands free system and it was resetting itself. As soon as the lock screen came up it would reset again. So, I decided to head straight to the AT&T store. Now, this phone is only a little over a year old, but because it has a small crack in the corner of the screen, the guy said that it voided the warranty and since I didn't have insurance...He also said he couldn't find which app was not responding, yet he also didn't try really hard. But, by golly, I was due for an upgrade! But, I didn't want an upgrade, I wanted that phone fixed. I'm afraid I wasn't really nice to the guy, but he took it. He said all I had to pay today was the sales tax and the rest would be billed monthly on the phone bill. I told him I wanted to just buy it outright and he said I couldn't because they had an agreement with the manufacturer that they wouldn't sell them outright, but in 30 days I could pay it off. I told him I bought the last one outright and it was the same manufacturer! Anyway, I ended up with a new phone that I don't have the time, patience or inclination right now to set up! But, since it's the only way the hospital can contact me, it had to be done. I still have the old phone and I can still access all of the text messages and it's supposed to have backed everything up to the AT&T Cloud, so when the new one is fully charged I am going to try to download all of that. Just one more thing to deal with!

There's the update for today. Hopefully Bill behaved himself after I left and didn't pull his collar off. I guess I'll find out in the morning! Oh, by the way, feel much better today, so maybe just overtired.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're feeling better. That phone could be a needed distraction maybe 🤔

    ReplyDelete